Alright, here is the break down to recreate.
- Go to Message > Messages.
- Click view on any of the old messages.
- On the right hand side, click on the name of one of the message recipients. Don't pick your own profile.
- Under the profile picture, click on the mail icon.
- It should load the new message view with the persons name in the recipients box.
- This is broken as well. Please fix this. The GUID in the URL of this page is the recipients MemberId that they should be sending the message to.
- Please make sure this persons name appears in that message box.
- After the user sends the message, they are then brought back to the Messages screen.
- This is the wrong messages screen. It is NOT the current users message screen, but rather the person that was selected to send the message to.
- I should NOT have access to this screen. Please make sure after sending the message, it gets redirected to my personal message screen.
The user below is seeing another persons message inbox after they send a message. Please review and fix. Feel free to ask me questions as this is a major bug.
So I've just noticed this bug that I think is fairly important to flag to you.
I needed to send a message to a league member, I did so through the following screens:
They had sent a message to a group of people. I selected their name from the 'Members of Chat' navigation on the right hand side. I then selected the envelope icon under their name.
In the Send New Private Message screen I selected the user via the orange select function. I filled in the message label and text to send boxes and left the notification box ticked. I then pressed send text.
The confirmation screen came up with 'Success: Message Sent' as per the attached screenshot, however the Inbox Messages I can now see below that confirmation are not my messages, they are the messages of the person I sent the message to.
While I can't read the full message (trying to click through changes the confirmation message to tell me I do not have access and then shows my own Inbox as per the second attached screenshot) I can still access some content of another user's messages when I really shouldn't be able to.
I hope the above makes sense, if you need any further information or if you can't replicate the issue please let me know and I'll do what I can to help.