We need to allow the user to upload an update to a document. So when they download the document, they might make some changes, they need to upload it back to the server.
- Go to League > Documents
- Upload a document.
- Click on the documents, Comment Icon.
- Create a new upload control.
- Call the control: "Upload and Replace Document"
- With italics and muted text: "This will replace the current document."
- On file browser open, the user can only select a file extension with the same file extension as the current document.
- Upon uploading, the new document will be saved in a new location.
- Add a new property to the LeagueDocument DB table.
- Documents which is a List<Document>
- The old LeagueDocument.Document shall be added to the list of of documents.
- The new document shall replace the LeagueDocument.Document.
- Then delete the old document from the server and set the flag IsDeleted on Document.
- Then Save.
- Upon viewing the comments page again, it shall contain a running history of the old documents with the following columns.
- Move the history under the comments section.
- Document Name
- Document Size
- Document Created
- Document Removed
Hmmm...I don't think we want to keep old documents. We're trying to streamline our processes, not bury them in archives of useless oblivion. :D
Our old forum allowed us to attach a (for example) .pdf of our sponsorship packet (into a thread, not an option at this time in RDN, I know), then go in and "edit" and upload a revised version of that form as certain levels of sponsorship became sold out. Basically, when a member goes to that document, it would always be the most recent version. It also kept a date/time stamp as to when it was last "edited", which was a nice feature.
need revision history of documents.