We need to update the Breadcrumb links at the top of forum posts..
Go to RDN.League > League > Forum.
- Click on Main
- Click on a topic.
- The breadcrumb at the top of the page should be: Home > Forum > Forum Post
- This is correct when I am using the Main Forum Thread.
- Go to League > Members > Groups Tab
- Edit a group and add your self to that group.
- Go back to the Forum.
- Click on the Group Tab you just added your self to.
- Groups can have forums... Which each group can only talk in.
- Click on a Group Forum Topic
- If a topic is apart of the group, it should be added to the breadcrumb.
- Home > Forum > GROUPNAME > Forum Post
- This GROUPNAME should be clickable as a link.
- This link should go back to the forum, but automatically select the tab of that group.
- The code is already built for this under: RDN.League.ForumController.Posts
- Please just update the code to make sure that this group gets loaded after clicking that link.
Please please please save my sanity! After reading a forum post in any particular league forum, my only navigation options are to go back to the Home/Forum page in order to navigate back into the particular forum I was previously in so that I can read the next unread post in the same forum. When you are a member of several different active forums and are trying to keep on top of things, this relatively minimal amount of extra navigation is extremely painful. Imagine you are reading a book... only every time you finish reading a page, someone comes and takes the book away, dog-ears the page you are on, and sets the book down right in front of you. In order to read the next page, you have to pick up the book, find your page, and continue reading. Sounds silly, right?
So why do the individual forum navigation tabs that are present in the Home/Forum page go away when you are in a forum post? Seems like it would be fairly simple to either add a "Return to Forum" button at the bottom near where the Reply to Post and Watch buttons are or just list the entire forum path (eg Home/Forum/<Forum Name>/<Post Name>) instead of the generic Home/Forum/Forum Post path currently used.